Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Rug

During my shopping excursion on Saturday I helped Reese to spend a small fortune on "must haves."

After a forty five minute discussion on sofa cushions (with a decision finally made) it took only about three minutes to pick out a large 9x12 area rug.

The thing is....Reese didn't know she needed a 9x12 area rug that day.

Praise the Lord she had me, huh?

Y'all this rug was origianally $1250. One thousand, two hundred, and fifty dollars.

The low, loooooooooooooooooow bargain price Reese paid? $278. Two hundred and seventy eight dollars.

So it was like a thousand dollars off.

That's a large percent and I'd tell you all about it but I don't really do math. I'm sure you're shocked.

So with a heaping cart the little petites that are Reese and I heave this bit honkin' rugh on top of it.

I have stitches (then) and am not supposed to lift more than 20 pounds.

But for the love of a rug and a bargain price you do what you have to do. I simply could not let my friend down in her time of need.

Oh, Reese also drives a solara. Again I don't do math but you can imagine how this worked.

I had faith. The carry out boys did not have faith. But I had faith.

I also knew she had a sunroof and I could hold on really tight if necessary. Again, for the love of a rug and a bargain price!

But we folded down the back seats, and bent the rug, and tucked it neatly under the windshield, and proceeded to shop at three other stores because we are not quitters.

The ride home involved Chick-Fil-A sweet tea because we are Southern. It also involved my shifting gears while she drove.

We raced home (literally....girlfriend drives like turn four of Talladega) and moved the living room furniture, laid out the rug, replaced furniture, hid the old rug, and had a few mins to spare before the boys came in from golf.

They arrived home to find us sitting at the bar (shocker!) all chatty about the game. The kitchen and living room are open by the way. They are walking around the entire kitchen getting food and drinks. But nothing.

Mr. Reese stated he was exhausted and just wanted to change clothes and relax (dude....you just played golf....but that's another story for another day). He walk around the sofa and into the living room

"OH SH**!!"

He noticed.

No comments: