Tuesday, February 03, 2009


You know you've had a good weekend when it's Tuesday and you're still attempting to recover!

I was out late and past my bedtime Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. So you know, like past 9pm when all grandmotherly types go to bed. Even the 27 year old grandmotherly types.

Saturday evening we had quite the soiree in honor of Mr. Bella graduating with his Master's Degree! My hubs has an MBA! Let me just take a moment to brag on him. He finished his MBA in two years, he had a nearly 4.0 gpa with only a couple B's, he worked full-time as in 50ish hours a week, and managed to get a promotion at work. Oh, and he became the sole provider of our family and our family grew by a teenager. Wow! He worked very hard and I know this is all going to pay off for him/us. I love that man!

Ok, so back to the weekend. We had a celebration at our house in his honor. Our great friends the O's came in town in addition to a couple dozen friends around town. We had 25-30 people come to celebrate his fabulous achievement. There were warm fuzzies all around.

Oh, you want to see pictures? Of course you do.


Oh that's right. Someone got themselves busy entertaining and didn't take any pictures. As not in a single one! I could take a picture of the recycling can full of beer and wine bottles. But I'm sure you can imagine what that looks like.

Sunday we were double booked for super bowl parties. I just might have weasled my way out of one at the last minute with a semi-truth. Ugh I hate doing that. I mean I'd hate if people weasled out of my party at the last minute. Also, I don't want to quit receiving invitations to parties.

That's the thing, I like being invited more than I like attending.

For the majority of the party we did attend I spent playing with my new Palm Treo, more on that later. I think there was a game or something on TV, but I can't be sure.

I had great plans to recover yesterday and be super productive. Instead I get a call from Brother Bella that school has been released early due to the icy roads and falling snow.

It was suppose to be a light rain shower, ahem weatherman.

It took me an hour to pick up BB and the school is about five miles away. People in MyTown lose their junk when it snows. Also, there was no milk and bread in a 20 miles radius.

So instead of my uber productivity, we played in the snow. My ski bibs got their yearly use and can now be tucked away with a glimmer in my eye that I might venture out skiing one day.

Now back to my recovery already in progress.


BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Congrats to the hubs!!!!!

p.s. have you fully recovered? ;)

Platinum Rose said...

Wow, congratulations to your husband! That's amazing he did so well, AND had to work 50 hours a week! That's craziness! He must be a very hard worker, and very smart! I am glad you had a great weekend!