Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tomorrow has enough worries

I'm positive that God has a plan for me. And I know it's a plan to prosper and not to harm (Jeremiah 29:11) but still I get a bit stressed in this interim of not having a job, because, well, I need a job! It's nice to have the time now to get a few things in place with Little Brother starting a new school and also reorganizing our home having lost an entire room to give to him (which by the way I love because it's a challenge to get rid of stuff and organizing makes me so happy I could pee my pants!).

However I'd like to have something lined up and now that in September I'll be gainfully employed. I met with a recruiter last May and have gotten pretty hard core about keeping in contact with her as of late. Now I've started checking out temp agencies. It's often cheaper for a company to do a temp to hire through and agency so I thought it might be a foot in the door to a great opportunity. I met with one this week and basically I'm overqualified for their positions! Um, yeah!

I've always said a Bachelor's Degree only gives you permission for further schooling. With it I'm over qualified for office positions, but also with only it I'm underqualified for a host of other positions. Guess this finalizes my choice to go back to school, eventually. (By the way Hubs has only one semester left, YIPPIEEEEEEEEEEEE!)

So in light of being anxious and worried today I found two verses:

Philippains 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Just what I needed. I know things are going to work out. I just have to realize that my time and God's time are totally different.

1 comment:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I'm a big planner and I like to (think) I'm in control but God has his ways of telling me to chill out. ;)