Monday, July 28, 2008

I'm babysitting some new kids this week. O, a girl is 8, and C, a boy is 5. I was getting settled in with them and talking to O about her ipod.

Me: So what kind of music do you have on your ipod?
O: All kinds of things really.
Me: Do you have Hannah Montana and High School Musical?
O: Yea I like them. I have stuff like, you know, Madonna too!

Girl after my heart I tell you!

I'm so thankful for being hooked up with some babysitting while I'm looking for a job. Can we say Praise the Lord? As much as I love being unemployed and as much as I'd love to sit at home and be crafty, a girl has to make a little money! I'm praying that at the end of this gig (three weeks of all day everyday!) God will have sent me something else.

Turns out that the place where the kids mother works is looking for a Sales and Marketing Account Manager! Yippiee! I'm very faithful that something will work out and very thankful that this babysitting did.

This family is a friend of a family I've babysat for for SEVEN years (I've known both kids their entire life, they were in my wedding, etc.). When the mother found herself in a crunch she called me and scheduled me having never met me. I arrive and it's just the dad who walks out the door while handing me a keys, pool passes, library cards, etc. and says, "y'all have fun!"

Praise the Lord I have a reputation as a babysitting rockstar!

2 comments:

Kelley said...

That is great! Congratulations!!

Emily said...

You should become a nanny. Kids seem to love you!!!!