Friday, July 25, 2008

Bridesmaid VIII

My friend R has just announced her engagement and asked me to be a bridesmaid! I met R through my women's service organization and we're also in the same bunco group. We've only known each other for about 3 or 4 years but we were fast friends with the same no nonsense personalities and love for making lists. Wouldn't you know that we have matching Hello Kitty notepads in our purses? Now that is friendship.


I'm excited about her wedding because I love weddings and I think that being in weddings is fun. She's having hers at this swanky inn that is quaint, lovely, and has loads of charm. I'm a little unexcited about purchasing a dress with no job. See R and I both have champagne taste, only she has a champagne budget to go with it whereas mine is more beer.

Also Internet, let me pick your brains about something. How do you feel about second weddings? If a person has already done the big to do once, do they get that again? If you were invited to a person's second wedding within, say, three years, do you buy a gift? Do you wonder what happened to your gift the first time? I never plan on having a second wedding lest Hubs and I have a kickin 5th year anniversary party at our wedding site (which I'd love to do by the way) but when others have a second wedding, how do you regard that?

No comments: