Thursday, February 21, 2008

The New Headboard

I purchased these lovely antique windows nearly two years ago at an estate sale. I had a vision of making them a headboard by mounting them to the wall and tying up ribbon to give the illusion that they were hanging by the ribbon. My husband took it a step further and decided to build a frame to give it a more prominant headboard-esque look.

I used remnant fabric that was coordinating and repeating in the room to fill in the panes for a rich, textured look with a little more interest and personality. I love the paisley I found. It's the perfect color of blue and gives me the touch of paisley without making my husband want to gag. The stripes are left over from the balloon shades I made for the room. I found the toile and gingham to finish it off with a cottage chic and elegant look.




Isn’t it pretty? It’s going to look great in the master bedroom redo. Look forward to the full report on that next week.

1 comment:

Cakabaker said...

Absolutely wonderful! You guys did a great job, can't wait to see redo pics.