Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Great Quote via My Granddad

My Pappy was diagnosed as a diabetic several years ago. He's stubborn (yes, it runs in the family!) and refused to take medicine insisting that he'd control his sugar levels with his diet. He did a fabulous job of it. Well, not long ago, his sugar levels spiked. It was nothing he did wrong, just progression of the diabetes. So Pappy basically had to cut out all of his carbs, which weren't many. He even (gasp!) cut out his drinking! I nearly fell over. My pappy loves a little orange juice with vodka or his evening whiskey on the rocks. Jack and Jim are his old pals! So at my disbelief of the absence of his night caps he pops out a great quote:

"Yeah, I guess I'm just on the mountain waiting to die, they've taken away my best habit!"

Hilarious! Only my Pappy could bust that one out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of talk about Southern women, but my favorites by far are old Southern men. They're gentlemen, but they shoot straight from the hip!