Monday, August 28, 2006

What a Wonderful Weekend

This weekend was so nice and relaxing. J and I finally were able to spend a weekend at (gasp!) home! Don't get me wrong, I love when we are able to visit friends and family and we are so blessed to have so many friends and family to visit. However, it's nice to just enjoy our home and relax.

Friday night J had to work late so I ran errands, picked up some gifts and craft supplies, and fabric shopped. I found some great fabric we'd been eyeing (that coordinates with our already chosen and bought den fabrics) and it was on sale! After having a late dinner together we were able to relax and chat until bedtime.

Saturday morning we slept in (until a whopping 8am--welcome to the life of old people!) and then went out to enjoy the day, do a little yardsaling, and do things around our lovely home. I also began some lunch preparations for Sunday and baked some banana bread. Saturday evening I took my darling hubby out to one of his favorite restaurants for an early birthday dinner and then to another location of his choice for dessert. His birthday is actually this weekend but we won't be able to have dinner just the two of us.

We attended early service at our church on Sunday, and it was so nice to be there. We've been out of town for two weekends and were not able to attend and I really missed it. I don't mind attending other churches when we're out of town, but mine is truly my favorite and I miss the worship and the service when I'm away.

The Rev's (my adopted parents) came over Sunday after church for lunch (hence the Saturday afternoon prep). It was so exciting to spend time with them and have them to our house as guests. They were very helpful in our buying process and were very excited to see what we'd done with it since they'd seen it last. I couldn't ask for a better adopted family. Words can't express how wonderful they are and how thankful I am to have them in my life. They've helped me so much mentally and emotionally, not to mention letting me live with them. I truly love that family and it was a joy to have them in our house.

Sunday afternoon J and I hung his new bike racks in the garage (a birthday present from me that he was with me when I bought so I let him have it early), worked on my bike a bit, and took a little ride. We just enjoyed our day and our house and it was so relaxing and rejuvenating. I actually felt like I had a weekend and it actually didn't seem to fly by.

Although this coming weekend will be busy, it will be nice. J and I are going to a minor league baseball game on Friday night and his parents are coming to spend the day with us on Saturday and treat us to dinner for his birthday. After that we'll have the R kids until Tuesday which will definitely prove some excitement. I'm not sure J knows what he's in for.

No comments: