Thursday, August 31, 2006

Dress Cleaning

Yesterday at lunch I had a few errands to run and also was excited to pick up my wedding dress from the dry cleaner's. I nearly had an aneurysm when they, ahem, couldn't find it. What? What do you mean you can't find my dress? I suggest you keep looking!

Now I may not always keep my dress. I may sell it, I used to always think I'd do this...now I'm not so sure. I may repurpose it. I've thought it would be neat to make a christening gown out of the train to pass down to my children and grandchildren. I've also considered donating it for a charitable cause. However, parting with my beloved, gorgeous, wedding gown because the dry cleaner cannot find it is not what I wanted.

Luckily the dress was still being cleaned. Apparently they thought they could do more to it so they keep working on it. I'm fine with that, but let me know it's not going to be ready on time. Especially since I was even two days after my arranged pick up. But I am happy that it will be clean. The bottom got pretty dirty from being outside all day and evening. Plus I had little kid feet prints on my train, and perhaps I had a little wine and brownie on the front. Besides, it's not like I'm going to wear it this weekend or anything, well, probably not.

No comments: