Thursday, June 29, 2006

Why I Blog

I have a few friends who are older and uncooler than me who ponder, "Why do you blog?" To which I intelligently respond, "Because I'm very insightful and have something to say!"

Is that not a good enough reason? I certainly think that it is.

Here are a few questions I'm often asked:

Q: Why do you put your life online for the whole world to see?
A: Really? The whole world? I'm flattered! I thought my only faithful readers were the 5 a.m. Mrs. S (Hi A!), the darling ex-roomie A (Hi Addy!), my dear hubby who enjoys mocking my blogging(Kiss Kiss Crabcake!), and occasionally my Grandmother in Florida(Hi Grammy!).

Q: Do you really want everyone to know about your personal life?
A: Believe it or not, zoo outings and sofa shopping are not the most personal things that go on in La La Land.

Q: Aren't you afraid of having people you don't want to read your blog?
A: If they're reading my blog unwanted, they need to get a hobby. (See my profile for a great recommended list!).

Q: What if you get a stalker?
A: My very own stalker? Really? SWEET!

Come on people. Welcome to 2006. Blogging is the new cool thing to do. My blog is perfectly safe and mundane, and here are the reasons why, satire withheld:

  1. My blog is private. I only give the URL to people whom I care to read it. In addition I don't use real names for those who may saunter in uninvited.
  2. I love, love, (LOVE!) to write. I enjoy writing. Having a blog is step one for my novel (Well two novels--I have such great ideas it will have to turn into two novels! How about that?)
  3. It's fun to enlighten my friends and family on my day to day life without cramming it all into a phone call. It's a nice way to keep friends and family in the know. (News Flash: If you don't want them in the know, don't blog about it!) Plus, it has proved very entertaining for my four readers. Perhaps I do have others, but I'm getting no love from them if so.
  4. Really, a stalker?

I encourage all of my friends to get blogs too. It really helps to develop your communication and writing skills. It's a great way to express yourself. It's a quick and easy way to communicate with those you care about. It's also a great way for me to entertain myself so go blog already!

No comments: