Monday, July 06, 2009

Name Pondering

I know a little girl named Collette. She doesn't go by Collette, she goes by Mia, which is short for her middle name Amelia, but that is a whole other story that annoys me because just name your child Mia already!

Anyway, at first the name seemed old and dated.

But the second time I said it was cute, sassy, strong, classic, and unique as there aren't many of them and it's not a made up name.

I like it! The third time I said it, I loved it! I want to tell the parents to call their child Collette and not Mia.

So the name Collette, love or hate?

2 comments:

Kas said...

I have a distant cousin named Collette. I've always loved it!

And I'm with you on the naming issue. It is such a pain in the ass to tell people "Hi! My name is KaSandra, but please call me Kassie!". uggggghh My kids will go by their name...end of story! haha

Platinum Rose said...

It's not bad, but I don't love it either.