Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Text Conversation with Reese

Preface: Reese and I attended the same university, hence we were sorority sisters. We're both huge fans of said U and get a bit teary at the singing of the alma mater. Today I received an email that they were auctioning furniture from one of the girls dorms (which is no longer going to be a dorm), which we didn't live in, but had great "bones" and history so I was intrigued enough to look. I found a few pieces I actually liked and would be great accents with a bit of refinishing.

Me: I'm thinking of buying auctioned furniture form Girls Hall, crazy?
Reese: WHAT THE HELL? Have you lost your damn mind?
Me: The U is auctioning furniture from Girls Hall and some is really neat. Hopefully it will be a good price.
Reese: WHAT THE HELL? Have you lost your damn mind?
Me: You said that already.
Reese: It was worth repeating. Call me at work.

You have to love having friends like this.

P.S. Cross your fingers I get a good deal on a few pieces I want. Hopefully no one else will care. We know Reese doesn't!

No comments: