Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Guess who is gainfully employed?

Well Internet, I got a job! After three interviews, two that were a pointless waste of my time, I was hired. Of course in the first interview (that was one of the pointless wastes of time) I was told there were two positions and I had one them. So therefore I guess the second interview, the only one that seemed legit, was a waste of time too. The lady who is the CEO of the company I’ll be working for is a bit flighty, to say it politely.

I’ll be doing memberships and marketing for a professional society geared toward medical professionals (how is that for a vague un-g00gleable description?). The blah side: flighty lady, not super sure about my actual role/responsibility, giving up my free time (aka enjoying being unemployed!), and not fitting into my work wardrobe. The bright side is I’ll work nine hour days Monday-Thursday and get every other Friday off (Yabba Dabba Doooo!), the position is close to home and to Little Brother’s school and the timing works out to pick him up at basketball practice (for now!), getting a paycheck and a larger one that before at that! This position pays a bit more than the job I was laid of from and the sucky job I quit.

All in all I don’t think it will be bad other than giving up my free time. I say so busy with errands, appointments, maintaining the house, etc. that I’m not sure when I’ll have time to work. Therefore I have a million things to do this week. I have errands to run, I must get estimates on my car, I’m making Little Brother a new duvet, shams, and curtain for his room (of course pictures will come!), LB has a few doctors appointments I need to wrap up, and my poor little laptop needs some attention to file pictures, music, and back up all of my documents.

I’m tired all ready! Maybe I should put off the job for another week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mrs. M! I'm glad to hear you got something non-profit. I'm sure you'll be amazing. it sounds really great. I had to go back and catch up with you, you've had a lot going on! I hope Little Brother's room turns out great. I look forward to pictures. I really missed you and am so glad I got caught up!

Kelley said...

Congratulations with the job!! I am so happy for you! I totally understand the not wanting to give up the freedom. I don't know what I'm going to do when I actually become employed. I like being at home!

And I was just wondering if you have any suggestions about Etsy. I was thinking of setting up shop, but I was just a little hesitant because I'd never used it before. Any info would be appreciated!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! You must be so excited - I can't wait to hear more about it...

Platinum Rose said...

Congratulations, that's wonderful and such a relief I am sure, to have a job!