Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Holly Housewife

I've completed phase one of my Sabbatical, which was; Operation clean the house from top to bottom and make it sterile.

My friend LL came by for lunch the day before she moved (so sad, she was our pooch sitter) and summed me up best: "Wow! Most people would just channel surf, but you, you bleach things. Everything!"

Each and every room in the house less the office because I'm going to make let the husband do that, I think he'll, umm, appreciate it more that way) has been completely cleaned and bleached. I've swept the ceilings; cleaned the blinds; cleaned the windows inside and outside; cleaned light fixtures and ceiling fans; dusted each and every peice of furniture and item placed in, on, or around it; vacummed the furniture, cushions and window treatments (they're mounted); swept, mopped, and vacuumed floors even moving furniture, rugs and appliances to get every square inch; dusted and cleaned trim; washed mirrors; scrubbed toilets and bathtubs; washed bed linens and flipped mattresses; and, well I think that's it. I'm tired just typing it. The only rooms left are the office for J and also the third bathroom which still is almost complete. J has to seal the tile and add the vanity and toilet.

I love that my house is so clean. It would have been done sooner but I've been spending a lot of time with my kiddos who are moving (moving....boooooo hooooo hooooo!). Now that phase one is complete I can move on to phase two which is; finish all those half-done projects that are sitting in the studio closet.

3 comments:

Zoe D. said...

My house could definately use you!

Cakabaker said...

Come on up to my house please!

Platinum Rose said...

Wow, now that's a deeeeep clean!