Monday, September 10, 2007

Just one more day.

Today I'm chilling out and enjoying a day to myself. I mean, I just had a seven day Caribbean Cruise, I need a day off, right? Friday was my last day at the old job. I happily did the "last-day dance" all day long. I will miss some of my coworkers, but I'm so eager to move on. I start the new job tomorrow afternoon and decided that I'd just enjoy a long weekend before I began.

Of course that means I popped right out of bed this morning ready to go. I think getting up and going to work and getting up to enjoy my day is a mind over matter thing. I ran errands this morning and bought myself a cute fall handbag as a congratulations gift for the new job. I've already made lasagna for our dinner tonight, walked the dog (he's not tuckered out in his bed) and it's time to finish up a few of my freelance type projects while there is a spare moment.

I love these days to myself. I just think of how perfect the world would be if I didn't have to work and could run errands and do projects everyday. However, I think I'll enjoy the type of work at the new job much more although I'll be super busy and work a little more.

I know I sound like a slacker today, but in comparison to yesterday, I'm doing quite well. We were out until 1am Saturday night (I know, so not like us old people) so we slept in on Sunday. After sleeping in I had pancakes and started a new book. Then I promptly took a nap. Yes, rough day I had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the new job! Yay!