Sunday, April 01, 2007

Time spent in the freezer aisle

I'm not a lucky person, I rarely win anything. However, at a Married Life Today Conference at our church this morning, J and I were chosen for a game of Deal or No Deal. We won a pretty sweet date night package."Howie Mandell" did some good improv and at one point while talking to the "banker" shouted out "Yes, I know know J's head looks better than mine!" We were rather entertained.

Today was rainy and I was planning on finally making the bedroom curtains that I'm sure you're all sick of hearing about. However, J had other plans. So he took me to lunch at a yummy little Italian place and then we went shopping. After his little spree of two hundred bucks, I'd say I get a nice free pass when I head to the outlets when Bex visits this weekend, right? Furthermore, since he bought a nice khaki suit that means that since our anniversary is in 28 days, that he should wear it, and I should play in my wedding dress, and it will be fun. That's totally a rule, right? You play in wedding clothes on your anniversary?

During our shopping I had an overwhelming sweet tooth that just would. not. go. away! J and I stopped by the grocery where I found thin mints! Well, not exactly thin mints bu the store brand of a cookie that tastes exactly like them and were only a dollar! A dollar!! I just may eat thin mints every day for the rest of my life. A dollar! The Girl Scouts should just buy and resell them, they'd make more money that way. So after I nearly tore open the package and ravaged them all right there in the cookie aisle we were on to ice cream. Sadly, the amount of time J and I spent in the ice cream aisle is most definitely more than the time we'll spend name children. After much debate he got strawberry for a milkshake with fresh strawberries at home. I finally (finally) decided on chocolate chip cookie dough. My thoughts? Well, it's kinda like the mint chocolate chip I wanted and I can eat it with the cookies. But I can also throw in in the blender with peanut butter for a peanut butter milkshake and that will be tasty too. I mean pb and chocolate chips and the cookie dough will be like pb cookies. That makes sense, yes? I know I could have totally gone for vanilla and achieved the same desired outcome, but that seemed too easy.

No, I'm not pregnant. At least, not that I know of.

No comments: