Monday, March 05, 2007

Ahh, Relax

J and I had a great weekend. We've been on the go so much that it was nice to relax at home. Don't worry, the madness resumes next week when I sell my soul to the Junior League and also have friends visiting! Yea!

Anyway, because I want to rehash every wonderful minute (well I won't tell you everything...) you must hear about the fabulous dinner we had Saturday night. J fixed ribs. Ribs like you've never had ribs before. Ribs that leave me salivating as I think about them. He started with a little Emeril's dry rub and baked them for an hour and a half. Then they marinated in barbeque sauce for about a half and hour before he threw them on the grill. They.Were.The.BEST!Ribs.In.The.World!

I also made our favorite potato casserole (recipe below because you're going to love it!) and of course this meal would not be complete with out some savory, home-made, baked beans.

We also rented a couple of movies this weekend, something we rarely ever do. After dinner, we cozied up in the den to watch Walk the Line. Have you seen that? I mean, I know it's like a million years old now (seriously, 2 years? I really don't remember) but it was the first time we'd seen it and it was fabulous! The whole movie from casting, to acting, to singing, to sets, everything...great! No wonder it won so many awards.

And now, without further ado, Mrs. M's fabulous potato casserole that you're going to want to make tonight!

Ingredients:
1 bag of hashbrowns or diced potatoes. OR 8 medium potatoes boiled and shredded
1 1/2-2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, casserole blend) more or less to taste
1 cups of sour cream
1 can cream of mushroom (chicken....just about anything)
1 medium yellow onion (I also like to use a few scallions) diced
Salt and Pepper

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease casserole dish.
2. Line bottom with potatos, if using bagged, they can be frozen. You can use the whole bag, but half will do as well.
3. Mix sour cream, cream soup, diced onion (half will work) and half of the cheese with a little salt and pepper. Pour over potato mixture.
4. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
5. Bake for 35-sh minutes.

DELICIOUS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend - Cherish those alone moments with J. THey are few and far between once kiddos arrive! I am definetly goin to try that recipe!

Leigh

Lindsey said...

I have printed off the recipe and cant wait to use it. Thanks for sharing! And I do agree that walk the Line is FABULOUS. It left me singing :)