Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Let Them Walk

I found this on a friends site and thought it was worth sharing. (I'd link to her but it's on myspace.) It's actually part of a sermon by TD Jakes (you can find it in it's entirety here.) I enjoyed the excerpt and thought I would like to read it for myself. This part is such a valuable and profound bit of wisdom. It's a hard thing to do, but oh so gratifying and freeing.

"There are people who can walk away from you. And hear me when I tell
you this - when people can walk away from you: let them walk. ....When
people can walk away from you: let them walk. I don't want you to try to talk
another person into staying with you, loving you, calling you, caring about you,
coming to see you, staying attached to you. I mean hang up the phone. When
people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to
anybody that left."

No comments: