Monday, January 22, 2007

Blue Monday

Today is Blue Monday, the official day when most people get depressed over bad weather, Christmas debt, and broken New Years Resolutions. Well, I've still yet to make any New Year's Resolutions, Goals, Lists, etc., but I am working on it. Until then you get this, My 2006 in Review. Perhaps it will help me to make the above mentioned lists, goals, etc. for 2007. Everyone participate and send me the link to read yours!

1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
got married, got a restraining order, planned a wedding, began the foundation for my own business

2. Did you keep your new years resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I resolved to quit smoking which I've never done a day in my life. Easy enough, right?

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
R was born in September to my friends A and B, and Sj, Bear, and K were all born in December, three days in a row.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully!

5. What countries did you visit?
Mexico. But will never got back if they extradite Dog! (As in Dog the Bounty Hunter! I love him, but that's a whole other post!)

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A winning lottery ticket, a weekend home on the lake

7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 29, the day I got married.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting married! Being brave enough to get the restraining order.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Further pushing off grad school

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A horrid bladder infection, but nothing bad thank goodness.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
All of the stuff for our house! Since we moved in New Year's Eve 2005, I know we bought a lot of stuff (new appliances, wood blinds, paint, etc) in January, but I don't remember all of it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband! He is so calm and laid back and really helps me through everything when I get upset, high strung, stressed out.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My mother, more commonly known as the uterus donor. Don't even get me started. I console myself in the fact that I get to choose her nursing home. I hear they're doing wonderful things with elderly care in Nigeria these days.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Wedding, Taxes, Mortgage, Target

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My Wedding And My Honeymoon! Woohoo!

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"How Sweet It Is To Be Loved By You" That was the song J and I walked back down the aisle to after we said "I DO!"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
a) happier, I always get happier!
b) probably chunkier
c) well, I have acquire a second income, however I've also acquired a house and a husband with a love of all thinks Dewalt. So all-in-all, probably about the same.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Traveling! Those dang jobs get in the way.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying. That got me no where.

20. How did you spending Christmas?
With J and both of our families in a sun up to sun down celebration!

21. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Oh I was already madly in love! But I think it happened all over again when I walked down the aisle toward my fabulous husband!

22. Did you attend any weddings?
Who didn't get married in 2006? Besides my wedding there was Bracelet Girl M, Bracelet Girl E, Braclet Girl B, Sorority Friend A, High School Cheerleader friend L, J's colleg friend S, J's weird friend from High School, Camp friends J and L, Old School Friends from WV, BC and AG, Church friends A and J, and I know there were a few I can't remember right now! We were invited to TWELVE weddings last year...TWELVE!

23. What was your favourite TV program?
Gilmore Girls, Desperate Housewives, Design on a Dime, Rachel Ray's 30 Min Meals

24. Is there someone no longer in your life that was last year.
My mother. Praise the Lord! I should have freed myself sooner.

25. What was the best book you read?
That's a tough one because I read so many books. Overall my favorite authors are Jane Greene, Sophie Kinsella, Meg Cabot, and Jennifer Wiener. I read The Lovely Bones, and that was really good! I think that was last year.

26. What was your favorite music of the year?
Wedding music. It controlled my life until April 29 and then continued to do so at every other even I attended. However I am and always will be a Rock N Roll girl at heart.

27. What did you want and get?
I got so many things. J and I are truly blessed.

28. What did you want and not get?
Oh there are plenty of things to list here too, I'm sure. However they were obviously meaningless because I can't think of a single one!

29. What was your best gift of 2006?
I received so many wonderful gifts. The best could be the fat checks from my grandparents as wedding gifts to J and I. Who doesn't love cold, hard, cash? However we received so many wonderful wedding gifts including a huge buffet ( I do mean huge!) and wedding cake for 150 wedding guests from my aunts and cousins catering company.

29. What was your favourite film of this year?
I don't get out much. I did love The Devil Wears Prada and Marie Antoinette.

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was t---t---twentyfive! My husband and I celebrated and ended up going to the Home Depot about three times. Long story!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
The winning power ball ticket?? Just a thought.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Clearance, pink, black, more clearance. I'm a simple girl! I love jeans and flip flops. I miss the days when that was my daily outfit for at least 6 mos.

33. What kept you sane?
My husband, the great SEC, God

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dog the Bounty Hunter! And I do love Leland Chapman in that redneck kinda way. I think Pres. W is rather amazing as well.

35. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hmmm,

36. Who did you miss?
My dad, he's dead and my grandparents. I also miss my other grandparents who are too far away to visit as often as I'd like, and my fabulous little brother whom I rarely get to see because did I mention that my mother is evil?

37. Who was the best new person you met?
I met so many wonderful new ladies this year in JL. I'm not sure who is my favorite.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
1. Don't argue with idiots, they beat you with experience.
2. You can't make people care.
3. Some people suck, some people suck totally!
4. Each day is a new beginning.....

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"I needed the shelter of someone's arms, there you were......How sweet it is to be loved by you!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT sounds like 2006 was one of the best! I hope 2007 is just as wonderful.
You had to take out a restraining order last year!? Okay- other than THAT, it sounds like it was a great year.
So you're a Dog fan? I used to watch that show sometimes when we were back home. I heard there was some big scandal and he got in trouble or something! Is that what you were referring to?
Anyway, I hope Tuesday is not Blue and very sunny! ha ha, i'm such a dork. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to know: Was the restraining order AGAINST your mother?

And ditto what Blondemom said about the laid-back man. Mine is so even-keeled. It's a nice contrast to my roller coaster.