Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend, Weekend

What an eventful weekend. There were two weddings out of town, two friends in town, and J's brother home from the USAF for a week. Needless to say, we were quite busy!

Friday night we went to Morristown for Lynsey and Brian's wedding (see details below) and then on to Kingsport to stay with J's parents. Saturday afternoon we went to Stephanie and Jayson's wedding in Johnson City. Saturday evening J's dad took us all to the Outback. We spent Saturday night at J's parents house and Sunday after church was family lunch at his grandparents. And oh-my-goodness his grandmother made chicken and dumplin's YUM! We left after lunch to return home and have dinner with Mr. and Mrs. S and Mr. and Mrs. Y since the S's were in town..

Lynsey's wedding was so much fun. I enjoyed getting to chat with her pre-ceremony. She looked gorgeous and had the coolest wedding shoes on earth! I thought I'd broke the mold with pink shoes and Brooke followed up with her periwinkle shoes but Lynsey's were by far the best. Her dress was a two-tone ivory and champagne so it exuberated a goldish tint. Her shoes were kitten heel sandals that were gold with a the strap being covered in multi-colored sequins. They were awesome. (The sequins were the same as the ones on my ballet flats that J lovingly call the ugly shoes!) Lynsey's flower girl dresses were fabulous too. They were the same two tone as her dress and had coral sashes and bows around the middle that matched the bridesmaids. It was too cute. She also had fabulous food and especially fabulous lemonade at the reception. The ceremony was precious and Lyns was very emotional. (I can totally relate!) Luckily for her, she is beautiful when she cries. I thought it was also special that Brian's ring was his grandfather's. It had been gold and they had it dipped to be white gold and match Lynsey's. Lyns and I go way back to the days of CHS Cheerleading and I was so happy to see her get married.

The wedding on Saturday was long-time friends of J. It was at the gorgeous Carnegie Hotel in Johnson City. It was a Jewish wedding which was really neat because I'd only seen those on TV and in movies. They broke the glass and we got to yell "Mazel Tov!" at the end. (Hey--it was very exciting for this sheltered southern girl! I love learning about new traditions and cultures.)The bride's dress was gorgeous with a two-layered train. She had both her parents walk her down the aisle which I think is really special. The dresses and accents were a really pretty indigo color that looked very nice in the formal ballroom we were in. Her flowers were calla lilies and were so elegant and beautiful in her bouquet, the bridesmaids bouquets, and the centerpieces. There were two long stemmed callas in a tall vase with indigo rocks at the bottom. I loved it! J and I enjoyed the reception with an old friend of his and some family of the bride that were from Sacramento and were very friendly and entertaining to talk to. We had such a good time. I absolutely love going to weddings.

Sunday night dinner with the S's and Y's at the C's home was wonderful. The food was delicious and the company even better. We looked at Brooke's wedding pictures and talked about everything (and everyone!) we could think of. Our chats/discussions are always interesting given we're all newlyweds so we have an abundance in common to gab about. It's amazing how much we are all alike and how our lives are so synonymous. I love it when one of us is telling a story and then we all begin to cackle because we realize that we do/have done the same thing. It's nice to know we're either all normal or all very abnormal. Either way, I'm glad to be part of such a fabulous crew of "bracelet girls." I realize how much I truly treasure these girls when in their presence. It's such good therapy to spend quality time with them. They are wonderful ladies and I have no clue how I'd ever make it without them. I hope we can have another great evening together with Missa and Ellen this fall/winter. It will be great to have us all together again.

One of these days J and I are going to not be out of town for the weekend or not have a million and one things to do in town. It will be nice to relax and enjoy the place we call home (and pay a mortgage!). For now though, I'm happy that we are blessed with amazing family and friends to visit with and spend our time.

No comments: