Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Getting my MRS.


I'm getting my MRS.--in just twenty-four days! This picture is of J and I at Isle of Palms on November 5, at the spot where he asked me to marry him the night before. In November, six months seemed like such a long time to be engaged and plan a wedding. But with just over three weeks left, I can't believe it's nearly over. I can't wait to be married and to put wedding madness behind me, but at the same time being engaged and planning a wedding is such a special and priceless time in girl's life, I hate to rush it.

If you would have asked me if I'd be getting married now five years ago, or even last year, I may have laughed at you. This time last year it wasn't that I didn't want to marry J, or didn't think we would (although truthfully, I don't know what I was thinking then), but marriage just seems like one of those far off things that you can't imagine the point where you reach it. You know when you're in middle school and you feel like you'll never reach the age where you can drive? Or as a high school freshman you feel like you'll never see graduation day and go to college? That's how I felt about marriage--it was one of those things I really wanted, and I knew would happen eventually, but it seemed eons away.

But I'm so happy that it isn't and that in just TWENTY FOUR days--I'm going to be a MRS.! I'm so happy that God brought this time in my life sooner rather than later. I love every minute with J and am so happy to be spending the rest of my life with him--I wish we'd have done this years ago. But I know that now, this moment, is what, when, and how, God intended it in his perfect plan, and that gives me chills!

So even now that I know I'm getting married in just a matter of weeks, it still hasn't hit me. I think it will all be over before I fully grasp that I am a wife, I have a husband, and it makes me sound old. As my brother said to me shortly after my engagement, "so you're going to be like, old married people!" To which I quickly responded, "Young! Young married people!".

Even though I may not grasp it in the whirlwind of planning, executing, and roller coaster emotions, I'm ecstatic and can't wait to be married and starting our life together.

No comments: