Monday, March 13, 2006

My Wedding Band

As if there wasn't enough excitement on Saturday...J and I found the perfect wedding ring for me! I've looked at every jewelry store in My Town and all over online trying to find the perfect band to accent my ring, but to no avail. There is a coordinating ring sold at the jeweler's where my engagement ring was bought, but J and I were never satisfied with it. I thought I wanted all round diamonds in a channel setting, but that was before I saw the one we bought.

We went to a jewelry store in the Upper East and as soon as I tried it on, we both knew it was perfect. The band is the perfect size to match my engagement ring and has round stones and baguettes. It gives it more character than just round stones in the channel setting. Upon first glance, I didn't think it would work because I didn't like the princess cut in a channel setting, but it was perfect. J negotiated a good price and we bought it on the spot!

Now we just have to get his ring. He has finally decided that he wants a plain 8mm band, we just have to find the best one. Now that doesn't seem hard, but if you know J, you know he can be as picky as me.

No comments: