Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Hideee Ho!

Well lookie who it is making an appearance on her own blog? Fancy me showing up here. Let me catch you up in bullets, then I'm out to visit family and the mountains for the rest of the week.


  • My brown polka dot J. Crew flip flops are on their last flop. This is precisely why I don't pay full price for anything! Had I paid $40 at J. Crew and worn them a season I'd have been a bit terse! But I got them (new with tags might I ad) for $3 at a garage sale.
  • We are not moving. I'm neither happy nor sad really. We did find a great house in a great neighborhood that was on the river with it's own pool, playground, tennis and basketball courts, and walking trails....but we do love our little home here. It kinda sucks for Mr. B, but we know something else will work out. And when BB graduates in two years we'll probably for sure hit the road to new city.
  • Speaking of BB....we bought him a Jeep Cherokee. His birthday is tomorrow and he'll be sixteen. FREEDOM! Errr...for me, not him. I'm no longer a taxi. Oh I kid, kinda. Truthfully I think I might miss driving him around just a little bit. He'd often talk to me then. Anyway, he has a sweet new ride.
  • Speaking of sweet new rides, I won't be getting my ML320 last week as I would have if we did move. Instead it will be another 6 months to a year. I can hold out. Really I can.
  • Especially since Mr. B has a bee in his bonnet over a Tahoe or Yukon. Geesh....I'll be driving my little silver bullet sporty coupe forever! I guess we all have the car bug.
  • I got a job offer for a full time nanny. These people are paying bank I tell you! Seriously, it's nearly my corporate salary once taxes were taken out. The thing is, I don't want to work full time. I love taking care of babies (he's 6 weeks old) and it's not really a "job" to me but I need my time now that I'm so used to it. I think I'll do it part time though. We're hammering out details.
  • I got a manicure last weekend and chose Linkin Park after Dark for my nails. It was totally the trend five minutes ago to do dark short nails. It's a dark eggplant-ish purple but looks rather black. I actually kind of like it. It seems fun and sassy. It's very different for this french manicure girl.
  • I found a new grill for Mr. Bella. It's the Chargriller and it's half charcoal (he loves charcoal) and half gas, and also smokes. Oh Yum Yum YUM how tasty are the things on it.
  • I'm nearly finished with the Southern Belle Society magazine. Praise the Lord! I'll be taking a mental health day with a massage and margarita when it goes to print.
  • My shop just negotiated it's second brick and mortar contract!! I'm in two shops. Yippieeee!
  • Hmmm....while compiling this post in my head on my way home from Sonic Happy Hour (I'm a regular...I need help!) I felt there was so much more to share. Apparently not.
See y'all on my return next week!

No comments: