Thursday, August 21, 2008

Shooting

There was a shooting at a local high school today. Luckily not in the part of town where we live or at the high school Little Brother attends, but nonetheless scary.

How is it that guns solve everything for kids? Whatever happened to a good ol' fist fight? At this point I'm nearly condoning that. "Hey--meet me by the tree!"

Being in high schools is scary.

Everytime I hear of something like this it makes me think less and less about getting a teaching certificate (no, I'm not pursuing that but still toss it around in my mind).

Also this comes just a few weeks after a man walked into a church in MyTown and opened fire killing two people. It was close to home.

What is going on in MyTown? This safe little suburban town?

My friend T2 is at the school and was also at the church next door where the kids were ushered. Bless her heart! Please be thinking of her and praying for her.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

That is very scary, and such a hard situation for anyone to understand.

Your friend is in my prayers.

Hugs.