Monday, December 10, 2007

The Golden Compass

I hope that you've all heard about the new movie, The Golden Compass. The creator, Philip Pullman is a self-proclaimed atheist and flat out says his writings are about "killing God." He has a blatant agenda and delivers the message to kids in a not-so-subtle way. In the article you'll even read that he has thirteen year old kids engage in a sex act during one of the movies because he thinks Christianity is oppressive to sexual needs/desires/etc. The overall trilogy is a mockery of C.S. Lewis' The Chronicles of Narnia and the object is to blaspheme God and Christianity.

This is the best, most explanatory, and detailed article I've found and I hope you all will read it.


If you have more information or other helpful sources or articles, please post them in the comments for everyone to see.

3 comments:

LCP said...

I am just glad it didn't gross as much as they wanted it to at the box office this weekend. I wish it weren't number 1, but at least there are people out there listening to the truth and not being swayed into seeing it.

Rusti said...

You know, it really does disturb me that the movie looks like it would be a great one to see... it looks very entertaining, and if one didn't know the author's aim, it would be easy to fall into his trap. I've gone back & forth on the issue of whether to boycott it, or watch it so that I may effectively argue against it... I still don't know. I also wonder how Nicole Kidman (a self-confirmed Catholic) could make this movie... did she look at is as a job, or what? Anyway... thanks for the thought-provoking post.

Platinum Rose said...

Wow, I hadn't heard that the point of that movie was all that. How awful!