Thursday, November 09, 2006

More Thoughts on Election Results

Finally, the malfunctioning machine has been repaired to retrieve the votes that decided an amendment in Knox County. I'm shocked to see the Knoxvillians passed the pension amendment for uniformed officers. While I'm grateful for officers, and all that they do (hey, I have close family who are uniformed officers in Knox County!) they choose to do it. I just don't see how we are going to afford to give them a pension. Save up like everyone else!

As for amendment one, I'm not shocked. I think it will be a cold day in Hell when TN as well as other states in the Deep South and Bible Belt allow homosexual marriage. I almost doubt that it will be in my life time, but I could be wrong.

Which leads me to another point, I'm interested to see what politics and the government will be like in 50 years. I hope I'm blessed to live well into my senior years, and if so, it will be interesting to see the changes that have been made. Will homosexual marriage be allowed nationwide? Will there be one, two, three political parties? What will taxes be like?

Oh, and back to TN election results and speaking of taxes, why, WHY did Knox county vote to raise taxes? I think it's because half of the people can't read through the legal jargon on amendments to know which way they are voting. J and I live in city limits, so out property taxes are already rather high. He swears that we're moving to Anderson Co. now. Hey--at least we already have several friends out there, and it has Git-N-Go!

And on a last note, when my hubby was talking about our moving, I sent him a humorous picture of a very rural home with a donkey in the front yard, not even thinking of the political distintion. He comes back with:

"I'm NOT moving anywhere that has a Democrat standing in the front yard."

No comments: