Tuesday, July 11, 2006

At the Lake

J and I spent the weekend on Chickamauga Lake with one of my best friends CC and her boyfriend CO. CO's family has a cute little house with a large wrap around deck overlooking the water. I loved the inside of the house because it was so "Golden Girls!" They also have a fabulous dock, partially covered, and with a little bridge down to the actual boat portion of the dock.

Isn't it amazing how you can take a short trip for the weekend and feel rejuvenated? It was nice because it's only about an hour and a half drive for us. We got there super late on Friday night and returned home Sunday afternoon. Some other friends, Holly and Grant (also newlyweds!) were there, too. It was really nice to hang out with everyone.

We laid in the sun all day reading and chatting and the guys, well, made idiots of themselves fishing. But I am proud that my hubby caught the most and biggest fish. Well, CO caught the most, but it doesn't count when you realize he caught this little two inch sunfish (Nemo we named him!) about five times in a row.

We sat out on the boat all night listening to music, chatting, and playing cards. It was so relaxing to have a little weekend away with my hubby and spending time with friends. We look forward to going back soon and J and I are going to take our kayaks. I can't wait.

I also can't wait until J and I can afford our own little lake house. We'd really like to find a cute little place on Norris Lake, or just get land and build later. I grew up on the lake with boats and love to spend my weekends like that. I also want that for my kids. Furthermore, when we do purchase a cute little 3 bed, 2 bath, eat in kitchen, with mudroom, large deck, back yard, nice dock cottage on Norris Lake---you're all invited to visit!

No comments: