Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Showers, Showers Everywhere, and Not a Drop of Rain

I love getting married. J and I should do this more often. We have been so blessed with so many wonderful people in our life.

We have had three showers thus far and two to go. I really thought we'd only have one shower and then probably bachelor/bachelorette parties. But it turns out that we'll have racked up 5 by the time we're married.

We had one with his family and church, my surprise lingerie shower which was followed by the bachelor/bachelorette parties (which I'm sure is as much for J as it was me!), and a shower with my department at work, (which was much more generous than what you'd expect from co-workers). His department is having us a shower (a very manly shower!), and then Mrs. R and Mrs. O are hosting a brunch for my girlfriends. I can't wait!

Plus, we get checks in the mail! There is nothing like going to the mailbox to find a stack of checks! We have been so blessed by the generous outpouring of those we love.

I can't help but think that this blissful time of engagement in my life is nearly over. It goes by so quick that I wonder if I've fully enjoyed it. As I've said before, six months seemed like an eternity, and now that six months is only sixteen days away.

And speaking of showers, let's pray that those are far, far away on April 29th.

No comments: