Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Someone stop me!

First, I just want to say that I have the cutest and best wedding invitations in the world. I worked all weekend on them (with the help of J, Sjb, and T-Ho) and they have turned out absolutely darling.

Second, before I ever embark on a task such as this again, please tell me that I do not have to be the Martha Stewart of everything. I don't always have to be super creative and talented and do it all on my own. It would have been so much easier to just order invites, or even buy the kits at Target (Mecca!) and add a bow or something. But no, not me! I had to be cutsy tutsy and do it all (with the help of those previously mentioned of course!).

However, again, I must say that they are so sweet and precious, and I couldn't find anything like them anywhere. It's so special because I made it, and it's very reflective of us. Being the perfectionist I am, I would have never liked one I bought or that was anything less than my own finished product.

I'm very proud to say that I made my save the dates and my wedding invitations, and will be making our thank-you cards as well. My beloved wedding planner Liz is in charge of programs, and I'm looking forward to seeing them. I'm so out of control sometimes I'm surprised I haven't tried to do my own flowers (oh wait, that was a considered option!), bake and decorate the cake, and take on designing and making my own dress. Luckily--I have some concept of my boundaries. Although, I think I would try more if it weren't for my full time (plus) job getting in the way.

Next on the list is to make my ring bearer's pillow out of my deceased grandparent's handkerchiefs. This shouldn't be too much of a daunting task, plus it will be really special.

After that, it's making my veil.

So I know I said "someone stop me!" but wait until I make my veil! I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: